WHO IS ROC UNITED?
The Restaurant Opportunities Centers United (ROC-UNITED) is a non-profit restaurant workers' organization dedicated to improving wages and working conditions for the nation’s low-wage restaurant workforce. ROC-United was founded after September 11th, 2001 to provide support to restaurant workers displaced as a result of the World Trade Center tragedy. It is the only national restaurant workers’ organization in the United States and is the only national organization dedicated exclusively to the needs of restaurant workers.
Since our founding ROC United has…
We also have…
- Won more than ten workplace justice campaigns.
- Won more than $10 million in misappropriated tips and wages and discrimination payments for low-wage workers.
- Made significant policy changes in high-profile fine dining restaurant companies covering thousands of workers.
We also have…
- Partnered with more than 100 responsible restaurant owners to promote the 'high road' to profitability.
- Trained more than 5000 restaurant workers to advance to livable wage jobs within the industry
- Published thirty ground-breaking reports on the restaurant industry
- Played an instrumental role in winning a statewide minimum wage increase and paid sick days for tipped workers
- Initiated other policy campaigns at the local, state, and federal level
- Organized restaurant workers to open their own cooperatively-owned restaurants in New York and Detroit.
We are active in several major cities in the US and States including the Bay Area, Boston, New Orleans, Miami, Michigan, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, New Mexico, New York, Seattle, and Washington, DC
Have questions about the Dignity at Darden campaign? You can reach to us on facebook or via phone @ 267.603.4328